Not HAPPY JAN!!!!
Having negotiated a deal by phone from my current work location in Sydney, I was initially very happy as I arranged the purchase of my zippy Soul Red Mazda 2. Working in the Automotive Sales Training industry with Joe Teagh and understanding how the Sales Process should be conducted, I was shocked to be contacted 4 days after placing the order, signing the contract, paying the deposit & most importantly arranging a late June delivery to coincide with my next trip home to Brisbane to be told that there was a “little snag” the Soul Red that I had ordered was not available till mid-late July. The Salesman casually informed me that the darker shade of blue, aluminium & white were available for my arranged delivery date or would I prefer to wait?????
AVAILABILITY should have been checked before the order was even placed!!!!! By this time, I had already disposed of my original car and was going to be in a work predicament if I waited for the vehicle I REALLY wanted as well as not having wheels for my time home in Brisbane.
I asked the Salesperson to follow up with his Manager to see if a stock swap could be arranged as I had my heart set on Soul Red. NO RESPONSE from Salesman or Manager for 2 days and I called the Manager direct on the weekend to be told it would have to wait till Monday as Mazda is shut and it had only been brought to his attention the afternoon before (even though the Salesperson phoned me early Friday morning).
Manager phones me back on Monday as promised to tell me that red was now not available in July as previously advised but in fact would not be AVAILABLE till mid-late AUGUST, BUT white, aluminium or blue (but not the shade of blue that would be my 2nd choice) were still available for the original settlement date. I then inquired about a hatch instead of a sedan, Manager says he'll check and call me back in 10mins. Over an hour later, I call the Manager back to be told that he's was unavailable due to being with a customer. What happened to take care of your current customer?????
Straight on the phone to a Dealer Principal in Sydney who sourced & confirmed the availability if my desire vehicle in less than 5 minutes.
I eventually received a call back with the Manager informing me that a Red Hatch was available. By this time, I had no trust in Eager’s Mazda and cancelled the order asking for my deposit to be returned. The manager informed me that this would be addressed immediately. 3 days later I was still waiting. An email to the DP quickly resulted in a phone call from the Manager with some bullshit excuse for the delay, the funds were then immediately transferred to my account.
I certainly will not be recommending your Dealership to friends or family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disappointment PLUS - Your MSI (Mazda (Customer) Satisfaction Index) just dropped!!!!!!!!!!
A tip for your Sales Staff – BASIC STUFF - Always check availability before accepting the order. Put your customer’s needs ahead of your commission. If told at the point of sales that there was a wait time on my chosen colour I could have kept the car that I was driving a little longer and waited. Or as I was not yet emotionally committed to my colour choice, I may have chosen another colour.